Statement of Faith
HBI is staffed by evangelistic, Bible believing Christians who subscribe to our statement of faith, which includes the following:
- We believe that there is one Lord God Almighty, who has revealed Himself as God the Father, God the Son and God, the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the absolute deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, the authenticity of His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, ascension and exaltation above the heavens.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scriptures. By this is meant a miraculous guidance of the Holy Spirit in their writing, extending to all parts of the Old and New Testaments so that they are without error, our infallible guide to faith and practice.
- We believe in the value and dignity of all people: created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- We believe that man was originally created sinless. Tempted by Satan, man fell and thereby brought the whole race under the condemnation of eternal separation from God. We believe that man is saved through repentance and faith in the finished work of Christ. Justification is through grace alone.
- We believe in the indwelling of believers by Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit. We believe He gives life, He sanctifies, and He empowers and comforts all believers.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Jesus Christ composed of all true believers. The present work of the Church is the worship of God, the perfecting of the saints, the planting of a witness for Christ in every tribe, tongue and nation and to express the manifold wisdom of God on the earth.
- We believe in the personal and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate our salvation and establish His glorious Kingdom.